Friday, April 2, 2010

Clean and Simple FTL 84


Hi Stampers! I've been absent from blogging lately as I just got back from a fabulous week in beautiful, sunny San Diego. Loved it there! We checked out Balboa Park, lots of beaches, San Diego Wild Animal Park and the 59-Mile Scenic Drive. We also loved all the amazing local eateries, from Hodad's in sunny Ocean Beach to the Crest Cafe in eclectic Hillcrest. Check them out if you're ever in the area!

Before I left last week, I came across this lovely blog, Clean & Simple Stamping, and gave their weekly sketch a try. I forgot to keep the card square (oops!) as they had specified, but I came up with a square card using the same layout later on that I will share in my next post.





  • Notice the subtle background? Click on the photo to get a closer look. I inked up the flower in Pretty in Pink, stamped it off twice to remove most of the ink, and then stamped randomly all over a piece of Whisper White cardstock to create a subtle, custom background.
  • I coloured in a few sections of the flower using a blender pen and inkpad.
  • A bit of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds on the center of the flower give it some bling.
  • I used my 1 1/4 Circle Punch to punch three half circles in Pretty in Pink.
Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Tiny Tags
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Polka Dot Embossing Folder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails