- I used the faux letterpress technique to get the black on the textured background. This technique is simple yet effective; you basically just ink up your Texturz plate with your choice of ink colour (I chose Basic Black) before running it through your Big Shot.
- "All in the Family" and "Family Accessories" made the focal image fun and personalized to the recipient, an avid basketball fan and coach.
- I added the dotted lines with my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker to give the impression that the basketball is bouncing. Fun!
- The sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes."
- Don't forget to stamp your envelopes! This adds so much to a card. I continued the bouncy basketball motif on the envelope and added a sentiment from "Happy Everything."
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
I couldn't stop at just one of these cute little boxes that I posted about last week, so I kept going and made a bunch as party favours for my guests to take home with them after Christmas dinner. I tucked two peppermint patties inside each box - a perfect fit!
Thanks for looking!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I made this cute little box for a friend today. The box was originally designed to hold chocolates, but I thought it was just the right size to hold a small gift (a pair of sparkly snowflake earrings). The tutorial, by Beate Johns, can be found here.
Have you put in your order for the 12 Days of Holiday Sales yet? Don't miss out on the savings, which include the exclusive Matchbox die and Two Tags die. Check out just one of the many adorable possibilities with the Matchbox die here. Remember, this sale ends in just two days, on December 22.
Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thanks for stopping by!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
It is time to say goodbye to Stampin' Up!'s dormant list. The stamp sets listed below will be discontinued on January 4, 2010.
If any of these stamp sets are on your wish list, make sure to purchase them before they are gone for good!
If you want to see images of these sets - visit the online store and enter the item number in the "search the store" cell.
Item Number Stamp Set 113407 Back Woods 114492 Beautiful Baby 114486 Birthday Wish 113200 Branch Out 114496 Celebrations 113732 Central Park 113206 Classic Sketches 113226 Classy & Fabulous 114498 Flowers in Silhouette 113405 Font of You 113216 For the Bride 114494 Forever 109425 Friend by Definition 114488 Fun Flowers 113716 Garden Greetings 114490 Glad Friends 111580 Grand Soiree 113242 Hit the Road 113710 Lexicon of Leaves 113236 Man's Best Friend 114423 Ocean Commotion 113728 Playful Petals 109276 Polka Dot 111544 Putt Putt 113240 Quilt Quips 113754 Really Retro 113403 Sip by Sip 113726 Sweet Stems 113250 That's Funny 113688 Wonderful Watercolors 114028 Para la novia 114032 Acuarelas Maravillosas