Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All in the Family Birthday Card

Like many other stampers out there, I struggle a bit with masculine cards. When I was faced with the challenge of creating a birthday card for my cousin, Rex, I started with the background and used a Stampin' Up! Texturz plate and my Big Shot to create a masculine-looking base.
  • I used the faux letterpress technique to get the black on the textured background. This technique is simple yet effective; you basically just ink up your Texturz plate with your choice of ink colour (I chose Basic Black) before running it through your Big Shot.
  • "All in the Family" and "Family Accessories" made the focal image fun and personalized to the recipient, an avid basketball fan and coach.
  • I added the dotted lines with my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker to give the impression that the basketball is bouncing. Fun!
  • The sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes."
  • Don't forget to stamp your envelopes! This adds so much to a card. I continued the bouncy basketball motif on the envelope and added a sentiment from "Happy Everything."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails