Monday, May 18, 2009

Stamp-A-Stack Preview

Here's a peek at one of the super cute cards we'll be making at my upcoming Spring Stamp-A-Stack on Sunday, May 24. I got the idea from Angie Juda, whose blog I visit often for inspiration. The scoops were made using SU's Scallop Circle punch. Angie used a square punch for the her cone and then trimmed the sides at an angle, but since I don't have a square punch, I used SU's Large Tag punch and trimmed the sides, which worked just as well. If you look closely at the cone (click on the photo to enlarge it), you can see that it has a waffle-like texture! I have been playing with my Texturz Plates and my Big Shot, and was so excited when I discovered that my Big Shot works with some old Fiskars texture plates that I've had for ages. I never used them much because you had to use a tiny little texturing tool and go over and over the design by hand - too labour-intensive! Now, I can just run the cardstock through my Big Shot and in a few seconds it has awesome texture. One of my Fiskars plates has a "Netting" design that makes the perfect waffle cone! More to come on what I've been creating with my SU Texturz Plates; thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Stunning card, I absolutely love the Ice Cream Cone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails